ant-user mailing list archives

From Shailesh Sharma <shailesh_s...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Newbie; how to invoke an ant script from a GUI interface
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 19:56:40 GMT
Luis, sorry to ask you this question but the URL that you pointed out does the work through
an applet but not through a JSP.
Iam new to JAVA too .....and i wanted to very simple in making a GUI, do you still recommend
doing the work through an applet and not through a JSP.

Iam a little confused.....please advise.

thanks, shailesh

"Conelly, Luis (PS, GNF, Contractor)" <Luis.Conelly@gnf.com> wrote:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-user&m=102139438123354&w=2

Luis

-----Original Message-----
From: Shailesh Sharma [mailto:shailesh_scea@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2004 1:36 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Newbie; how to invoke an ant script from a GUI interface

Hi Gurus,

I have 2 scripts and this is how i run these 2 scripts:

1) I will type :

ant deploy-xyz prod

ant deploy-abc test

and these scripts does there business very well.

Now my question is: can i run these 2 scripts from a GUI interface ?

I mean i have a jsp page that contains 2 buttons namely as "prod" and "test" and when i hit
"prod" button i should invoke the first script and similarly when i will hit "test" button
i will invoke the second script.

All i wanted to do is to make a GUI for these 2 scripts.

can i do this or not ?

Thanks, shailesh