ant-user mailing list archives

From ba...@goodconsultants.com
Subject Re: ant -k and -D flags together will not work?
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2004 17:30:18 GMT
Alex,

>You can import a child build file and reference it directly. You just need to
be sure that all paths in the child build file are prefixed with some base
property (like "${child.base}/src", not just "src").

Still your answers seem to try to import both parent and child build.xml into
one and execute from the parent, right?

>"-k" will not execute any targets that depend (directly or indirectly) on a
failed one. This is the same as in make.

If I am doing what i am doing, meaning:

parent/build.xml
    childA/build.xml
    childB/build.xml

from parent/build.xml using

<ant dir="./A"/>
<ant dir="./B"/>

then is it a problem? Meaning, even using "-k", if A fails, it will will not
continue to B? How can I resolve that?

Thanks

B.

Hello Barry,

  You just sent email to me not to everybody. You can import a child build
file and reference it directly. You just need to be sure that all paths in the
child build file are prefixed with some base property
(like "${child.base}/src", not just "src"). "-k" will not execute any targets
that depend (directly or indirectly) on a failed one. This is the same as in
make.

  There is another way - you can use <try> task and set some property if the
first child fails and then remember it later and execute <fail>.

- Alexey.