ant-user mailing list archives

From Pedro Salazar <pedro-b-sala...@ptinovacao.pt>
Subject Re: creation tar file -> ignores '.cvsignore' file
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2004 20:07:34 GMT
On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 17:35, Yuji Yamano wrote:
> On 27 Jan 2004 17:22:23 +0000,
> Pedro Salazar <pedro-b-salazar@ptinovacao.pt> wrote:
>
> > Why is that the .cvsignore is the only file missed in the tar?
> > (this happens also with any .cvsignore file inside of my
> > sub-directories tree)
>
> They are excluded by default. If you don't want to exclude
> them, you can use the defaultexcludes attribute. See the ant
> manual (http://ant.apache.org/manual/dirtasks.html) for more
> details.

I already added the attribute defaultexcludes="no" in my <tar> element
but it continues to ignore the ".cvsignore" file.

Can anyone verify it with a simple dummy *tar* task? It's not working
with me...

I'm running the following ant version on a Linux box (if it matters):
"Apache Ant version 1.5.3 compiled on April 16 2003"

thanks,
Pedro Salazar.
--
PS