ant-user mailing list archives

From Pedro Salazar <pedro-b-sala...@ptinovacao.pt>
Subject creation tar file -> ignores '.cvsignore' file
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2004 17:22:23 GMT
Greetings,

I created a target task which uses the <tar> ant task to build a tar
file of my source project (the source directory is "."). However, I
detected a strange behavior in the creating of the tar file:

-the .cvsignore file is ignored in the tar file (it has user read access
like all the other files in my project directory).
-however all the other '.xxxx' (hidden files in linux) are tarred just
fine (to despite a possible idea of being a hidden file).

Why is that the .cvsignore is the only file missed in the tar?
(this happens also with any .cvsignore file inside of my sub-directories
tree)

thanks.

regards,
Pedro Salazar.