ant-user mailing list archives

From Pedro Salazar <pedro-b-sala...@ptinovacao.pt>
Subject tar files ignores '.cvsignore' file?!
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:06:35 GMT
Greetings,

I created a target task which uses the <tar> ant task to build a tar
file of my source project (the source directory is "."). However, I
detected a strange behavior:

-the .cvsignore file is ignored in the tar file (it has user read access
like all the other files in my project directory).
-all the other '.xxxx' (hidden files in linux) are tarred just fine.

Why is that the .cvsignore is the only file missed in the tar? This
happens also with all .cvsignore files inside in sub directories.

thanks.

regards,
Pedro Salazar.
--