ant-user mailing list archives

From "Baz" <ba...@goodconsultants.com>
Subject Re: junit.jar or not?
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 07:41:48 GMT
Jan,

Thanks for the reply.

Forgive me for being dumb.

1. Can I have the reply/post from Jake?
2. I am not sure what you are talking about the location of the junit.jar.
Would you please tell me where is the suggested directories? What is the
suggested definition within ant script or build.xml?

Thanks

B.

----- Original Message -----
From: <Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
To: <user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 10:12 PM
Subject: RE: junit.jar or not?

> 1. So, it is correct that we need seperate junit.jar?

Yes. But Jake has done a very fine explanation (I wasn´t familiar with
Classloaders before, thanks Jake :-)

> 2. What is the usual practice for location of junit.jar? Most posts
> indicated that it should be in ANT_HOME/lib directory?

"Most posts" are usually very old (so about four weeks or older :-).
Therefore there were posted before Ant 1.6.0 and saving the jars in
ANT_HOME/lib was the only available solution (besides JRE/lib/...).

${user.home}/.ant/lib was added in Ant 1.6.0 and would suggest using that.
1. you can share same 3rd party libs across multiple Ant instances (ok
advantage when you are developing Ant itself and often changes
installation...)
2. clear separation of Ant and libraries

Jan