ant-user mailing list archives

From "*" <kes...@absamail.co.za>
Subject Re: Installing Ant on WinMe
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2004 16:38:02 GMT
Hi Chip,
Thanks for your prompt reply to my questions.
Perhaps I should throw the b*st*rd out and start again?
It's strange that I can use the Ant which was installed with Eclipse, but
not the stand alone product. I'm sure that there is just some small gotcha
fouling up the works.
Thanks again,
Regards,
Tom

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chip Dunning" <cdunning@charlson.com>
To: "Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2004 4:49 PM
Subject: RE: Installing Ant on WinMe

Fortunately I ditched my only WinME machines within days of that virus
infecting them, but I do understand your pain. However, I keep an cheapo
machine with Me just so that I can test my software. I just Ant 1.5 on it
and did not see any errors. The scripts ran just fine - couldn't use my CVS
scripts since I don't allow Me on my network, but I did various cleaning out
of directories, javac builds, jar making, javadoc creation, and finally
deployment to a different directory.
I would treat Me more like it is XP/2000 than 9x. I understand that Me was a
bit of a b*st*rd child that nobody wanted, but some of the core is close
enough. My machine hasn't been upgraded in quite some time, so it could be a
Microsoft patch/hotfix that is causing your problem. It is a really cheap
stock PC with only Windows ME, Sun Java 1.4, Ant 1.5, Eclipse2 (with
checkstyle and PMD plugins), and bits and pieces of my own code scattered
about.

I wish I could help more, but I never saw the error you are describing.

Chip
----
"The enemy of my enemy is convenient."