ant-user mailing list archives

From "*" <kes...@absamail.co.za>
Subject Installing Ant on WinMe
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2004 14:19:26 GMT
Hi all,
I am having difficulty in installing Ant 1.6 on a WinMe machine. The Ant
manual assumes that Win9x, NT behave the same as WinMe, which is not the
case. Some help is much needed here!
I get an "Out Of Environment Space" error a few times and then a "Bad file
name" error, when calling ant.bat.
The Ant manual suggests adding 'shell=c:\command.com c:\ /p /e:32768' to the
config.sys file, but on WinMe there is no config.sys file - see M$ knowledge
base article at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=274646.
Any Dos environment changes which are required should apparently be made in
a cmdinit.bat file, which is run each time the Dos window is called from
WinMe.
Adding the shell=entry line to this batch file, however,  has not made any
difference to my install problem.
I will be grateful to find someone out there who can help?

I have tried with Ant1.5 with the same result, so I don't think it's the
version of Ant.

Regards,
Tom.