ant-user mailing list archives

From "Adrian Beech" <a.be...@bigpond.net.au>
Subject Including the value of properties defined in a build.xml in source files such as web.xml?
Date Sun, 18 Jan 2004 11:20:42 GMT
G'day,

I was wondering if it is possible to include the value of properties
defined in the build.xml file in source files such as web.xml?  I have
three staging environments which have platform specific attributes such
as JDBC connections strings, application headers, etc.  These values are
defined in the web.xml file and it would make life a whole lot easier if
they could be defined as properties in the build.xml file and
substituted in the right places within the source files when the
appropriate target is specified.

One of the annoying things I need to do each time I progress an
application from one environment to another is to remember to edit the
web.xml file so that the resulting package has the appropriate
application/environment attributes.  Things would be a hole lot nicer if
I could simply type "ant dev", "ant test" or "ant prod" and have
everything set up accordingly.

I would appreciate any help in this matter.

AB