ant-user mailing list archives

From dalg...@ix.netcom.com (Mike Castle)
Subject Re: XSLT with entities and therefore DOCTYPE
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 22:26:33 GMT
In article <3FD6AACC.4070801@stratumtek.com>,
Stan Devitt  <user@ant.apache.org> wrote:
>By your comment about 80 character paths,
>I kind of assume you have ruled out something
>simple like the following which at least gives
>you parameterized counting of the sort you
>seem to be testing.

I think I have ruled it out.  But I certainly would not be surprised that I
was wrong for doing so.

><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
><xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
>xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
><xsl:param name="type" select="'DEFAULT_VALUE'"/>
>  <xsl:template match="/">
>        <xsl:number value="count(/project/target/*[local-name()=$type])"/>,
>        <xsl:number value="count(/project/target/echo)"/>.
>  </xsl:template>
></xsl:stylesheet>

Ok, that looks good for something like ``[test]]'' but what I really need
is a predicate that looks like:

LogRecord[@severity='MFATAL' or @severity='FATAL' or contains(text(),'Exception')]

And I'm not using it just as the level of a simple count() either, but
actually need that whole string of characters in mulitple places.  Hence,
my use of entities.

mrc
--
     Mike Castle      dalgoda@ix.netcom.com      www.netcom.com/~dalgoda/