ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: "If Ant fails, it will return a non-zero exit code" - doesn't hold any more ?
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2003 16:40:47 GMT
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Evgeny Goldin <geniek@netvision.net.il> wrote:

> After I removed everything after first "%_JAVACMD%" in :runAnt label
> (to make sure "%_JAVACMD%" is the latest operation executed) - the
> exit code I received from running 'ant' has become 1 for failed
> projects.

err, well, yes - but you've also removed all hooks that clean up your
environment.

The real problem - AFAIU and I know virtually nothing about Windows
batch programming - is that you can't store the exit code of Java and
exit the batch file with that code at a later stage (at least not in a
way that works on Win9x).

Stefan