ant-user mailing list archives

From dalg...@ix.netcom.com (Mike Castle)
Subject Re: XSLT with entities and therefore DOCTYPE
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 01:48:04 GMT
In article <3FD4E927.2040802@yahoo.de>,
J.Pietschmann <user@ant.apache.org> wrote:
>Mike Castle wrote:
>> So, is there anyway I can get ant to convince XSLT not to validate the
>> stylesheet, even though it has a DOCTYPE (I really don't want to have to
>> write a DTD for this thing)?
>
>The noise comes from the parser, not from the XSLT processor. Actually
>it's not really validating, otherwise you'd get a fatal error abort.

Ok.  So I need to delve into why it's giving me that noise.  Like I said,
it IS functioning correctly, but all of that noise is distracting and I'm
afraid that it will hide real errors down the line.

>> Or would anyone know how to hammer xsl:variables into doing what I want?
>
>I'm not quite sure what you want to achieve. It seems you are after
>a sort of dynamic XPath (usual question: are you sure you know what
>you are doing?). This would require an extension function:

Not really dynamic paths.  I just want to avoid typing the same 80+
character predicate in multiple times and risk screwing it up.

I was looking at variables for the simple reason that using ENTITY was
causing me grief.  I was merely looking at alternatives, not necessarily
wanting to use that method.

>The XSL list is good for all about XSL (both XSLT and XSLFO)
>  http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/

Heh.  Seems to be the popular one.  :->

>For questions about how Xalan handles certain stuff, in particular
>extensions, check the Xalan docs and the Xalan user list.
>For the concrete problem at hand it's Xerces who is responsible.
>There are probably some options to shut it up. On how to apply
>this options... you are back to ant.

Right.  This is probably the most useful bit in the whole thread.  At least
now I know what is responsible and can go poking around to figure out
what's going on.

Thanks,
mrc

--