ant-user mailing list archives

From "Edmund Dorsey" <splin...@hotmail.com>
Subject Setting Environment Vars In Windows XP
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 15:59:57 GMT
I am having a problem with my environment variables.

I have ant installed in c:\ant
and I have my javaSDK installed in c:\javasdk

I set the JAVA_HOME path to c:\javasdk
I set the ANT_HOME path to c:\ant
and I set PATH to c:\javasdk\bin; c:\ant\bin

The problem is that when I open a command prompt it does not recognize the
'ant' command.
It does recognize the javac command.

If I switch the order of PATH (i.e. c:\ant\bin; c:\javasdk\bin) then it
recognizes the ant command but then not the java command needed by ant.

It seems that it only is accepting the first item I put in the PATH.

Does anyone know how to fix this?  Thank you very much.

~Ed