ant-user mailing list archives

From joseph.mil...@brightline.com
Subject Re: AW: Ant and Norton Antivirus 2004 on XP
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2003 23:16:03 GMT
Jing Xue <vim@manifoldronin.com> wrote on 12/08/2003 06:08:13 PM:
> I run Ant 1.5.4, XP SP1, JDK 1.4.1 with NAV 2003 Corporate Edition.
> On another
> machine I run Ant 1.6 Beta 3, XP SP1, JDK 1.4.1 with some other NAV
programs
> (namely Avast 4.1 and Pest Patrol).  I have never had anything
> similar to your
> experience on either machine.

grumble, grumble...

> Can you stably reproduce the problem, e.g., a clean reboot, turning on
Auto
> Protection, Ant hangs, turning off Auto Protection, Ant works again?

Yes, it is entirely consistant.  I've rebooted several times.  If you turn
autoprotect off, ant works fine.  Turn it back on, ant pauses for 3
minutes before continuing.  What's really odd about this is just yesterday
everything was working fine and try as I might I can't come up with
anything substantive change (other than to a number of my source files).

> BTW, from my personal experience, I suspect you'll get anything material
from
> Symantec, ever.  8-)

Oh joy.

--Joe