ant-user mailing list archives

From Brian.Col...@kp.org
Subject Re: How to use a different XML parser?
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2003 08:31:50 GMT
Of course .. duh... I must have spaced out thinking about my other
project.

Brian.Colfer@kp.org
Phones:
   Office: (925) 979-7498
   Mobile: (415) 505-5480
Personal Email: BrianColfer@covad.net

Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org>
12/11/2003 11:37 PM
Please respond to "Ant Users List"

        To:     user@ant.apache.org
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: How to use a different XML parser?

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Brian Colfer <Brian.Colfer@kp.org> wrote:

> OK, I can see that but I would need to have my non-xerces parser
> named xercesImpl.jar

Why?

Ant will simply use the JAXP parser the VM hands to it.

If you run JDK 1.4, you can remove Xerces completely and use the
Crimson that's part of the JDK (though I'd recommend to use the
endorsed standards mechanism to upgrade to Xerces in general).

If you run JDK 1.3, simply put the desired XML parser into your
CLASSPATH or ANT_HOME/lib and make sure that JAXP doesn't see Ant's
Xerces version.

Stefan