ant-user mailing list archives

From John.Buto...@Regions.com
Subject Re: Package alignment and different directories
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2003 02:15:22 GMT
Modify <javac destdir="C:\project"> to <javac destdir="C:\project\common\classes">

"ricksworld2k" <ricksworld2k@yahoo.com>
12/08/2003 04:19 PM
Please respond to "Ant Users List"

        To:     ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
        cc:
        Subject:        Package alignment and different directories

I am having trouble setting up Ant to properly place compiled code
into the appropriate directory. I need to separate common classes for
work to be done by another team and need to access them via package
alignment. After compilation, the compiled Java class is in the wrong
directory:

project
  com
    program
      device
        Widget.class  <-- I *don't* want it here.

project
  common
    classes
      com
        program
          device
            Widget.java
            Widget.class  <-- I want it here.

<target name="compile">
  <javac destdir="C:\project">
    <src path="C:\project"/>
    <classpath>
      <pathelement path="C:\project;C:\project\common\classes"/>
    </classpath>
  </javac>
</target>

Any suggestions/corrections?  TIA!