ant-user mailing list archives

From "Matt Harp" <mh...@seapine.com>
Subject Prompt for user input from Ant script?
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 15:10:20 GMT
Hey all,

I have a cmd-line app that I execute from a custom Ant task that I wrote.
This app sometimes prompts for confirmation as it goes through it's stuff.
>From my ant script though, that prompt doesn't come up and ends up hanging
my script since there is no way to answer the prompt. In fact, the prompt
never even gets displayed to the user running the Ant script.

I set it up with the Commandline class and then I use the Execute class with
an ExecuteStreamHandler to catch output from the cmdline app. It would seem
that I can in some way use the Streams on the ExecuteStreamHandler to do
this prompting, but I can't seem to figure it out. Any examples that someone
might have or know of?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Matt
mharp@seapine.com