ant-user mailing list archives

From "Matt Harp" <mh...@seapine.com>
Subject RE: Simple XDoclet exmple?
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2003 16:09:36 GMT
I was messing around with it over the weekend to generate documentation on
my source. Through greps and the xdt I figured out a couple things like
@ant.attribute group="required" will make the docs say it's required.
@ant.task ignore="true" will tell the generate to skip that file,
categrory="mycat" groups the html output into subfolders, etc...

So I've been doing a bunch of that and seeing what does what, but all I
could find on examples was the Javac stuff I mentioned which Peter seems to
have confirmed that you have to maintain a seperate xml file for stuff like
that. Can I create a new examples tag and contribute it to the Ant project,
or is that kind of stuff up to the committee? I don't see why I should have
to maintain a seperate xml file when the scripting is already setup to parse
my source file. It would be nice if I could create one huge comment at the
beginning or end (preferable so people don't have to scroll through comments
to find the source code) of my source file and seperate it into sections
with ant tags like ant.example, ant.description, etc...

Also, why is the parser/generator ignoring stuff like @author and @version
tags? Shouldn't it be recognizing these Javadoc tags and including them in
the generated html?

Thanks,

matt