ant-user mailing list archives

From "Matt Harp" <mh...@seapine.com>
Subject RE: Simple XDoclet exmple?
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2003 13:37:24 GMT
It worked! You're a genius Erik!

Well, I did what you suggested and built the Ant stuff locally, switched
ANT_HOME to point there and wala, the xdocs stuff built for me. Thanks much
for all the help Erik. Once I get this all setup, I'm gonna try to see if I
can't auto-generate some of the task code itself since a lot of it is
redundant.

Now, I have a couple more questions...

1. Where is the documentation for the Ant tags for XDoclet? I looked at the
.xdt that it uses and all I can seem to find in there is ant.task and
ant.attribute. I'm hoping there is a complete listing somewhere for all of
the tags.

2. How do I put examples into my source file and have them come up under an
"Examples" heading (like Javac.html)? I've tried some tag name guesses but
no luck. Looking at the Javac task, it looks like they have a seperate
javac.xml file that is all comments, then it's merged into the results of
parsing the javac.jar to build the final javac.html. Is this the case? How
is that javac.xml file built and maintained?

3. Can I inherit from the ant class "Task" w/o making my source code GNU
licensed? It's not that big of a deal since I think we are eventually
(couple months) going to release it under GNU, but until then it would be
nice to not have to provide source code and all that from our website while
we do Beta testing and prepare for the actual release.

Thanks much!

matt
mharp@seapine.com