ant-user mailing list archives

From "CONANT,PATRICK (HP-FtCollins,ex1)" <patrick.con...@hp.com>
Subject RE: trouble with telnet task going to a windows box
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2003 21:44:17 GMT
If you have admin access to the W2K box, you can disable NTLM authentication
and use standard username/password authentication (though still based on
Winnt domain or local user accounts).  Run tlntadmn.exe, choose "Display /
change registry settings", then "NTLM".  Set value to 0.

--p.

-----Original Message-----
From: Carter, Scott [mailto:Scott.Carter@GTECH.COM]
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2003 12:34 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: trouble with telnet task going to a windows box

I am using ant 1.5 and using the telnet task to issue commands on several
remote boxes.  The only trouble is one of the boxes I have to issue commands
on is win2000.  The current telnet server on this box uses windows
authentication, which does not work through the ant task.  Does anyone on
this list know of a different free telnet server I could install on this
remote box to get ant's telnet task to work?

Thanks - Scott Carter

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, retention, distribution or
recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the
sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.  Also, email is
susceptible to data corruption, interception, tampering, unauthorized
amendment and viruses. We only send and receive emails on the basis that we
are not liable for any such corruption, interception, tampering, amendment
or viruses or any consequence thereof.