ant-user mailing list archives

From Chalakanth <cre...@SEEC.com>
Subject Incremental build using Jspc
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2003 18:20:47 GMT
Hi,

I am using the "webapp" option to build a whole web application.
My problem is that everytime I run the task, the whole application is being
pre-compiled, not just the Jsps I touched.

Our group wants to use the pre-compiled servlets for debugging.  This
becomes impractical if the compile cycle takes 5 minutes.

Does anybody have any ideas?  Have I missed some attribute?  The
documentation does say that Jspc does basic dependency checking.

I am using 1.5.4 on NT 2000. I have included the task below.

<target name="prec-portal" >
    <jspc srcdir="${app.web}"
	  destdir="${app.src}"
	  package="test.csportal"
	  webxml="${app.web}/WEB-INF/compiled.xml" verbose="3">
       <classpath refid="jsp.precompile.classpath"/>
       <webapp basedir="${app.web}"/>
    </jspc>
</target>

thanks,