ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Parfitt" <Mike.Parf...@jmhdemica.com>
Subject javac task substituting non-alphabetic characters in (long) directory names on Windows 2000
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 17:38:10 GMT
My build file uses the jspc and javac tasks to precompile JSP files.

Both are working, but with one minor difference.

When the jspc task creates the target directory tree, it uses the same names as in the source
tree.

When the Ant javac task creates the target directory tree, it is substituting Unicode strings
for any non-alphabetic characters in sub-directory names.

	So WEB-INF becomes WEB_0002dINF

I have tried putting <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> at the top of my build
file, but got the same substitution.

Is this behaviour modifiable in some way within the build file (or when I invoke Ant from
DOS) or will I need to rename these directories to the proper names ?

If so, has this cropped up before and is there a solution that someone can point me to ? (couldn't
find one)

At the top of the build file I have :-

	<property name="jsp_srce_dir" location="C:\Citadel\V3.10\Web Client\WebTier"/>
	<property name="jsp_tran_dir" location="C:\Citadel\V3.10\Web Client\WebTier_jsp_tran"/>
	<property name="jsp_comp_dir" location="C:\Citadel\V3.10\Web Client\WebTier_jsp_comp"/>

Then inside the relevant targets I have :-

	<jspc srcdir="${jsp_srce_dir}" destdir="${jsp_tran_dir}" compiler="jasper41" includes="**\/*.jsp">
	<javac srcdir="${jsp_tran_dir}" destdir="${jsp_comp_dir}">

Regards.

Mike.

Mike Parfitt
Developer
JMH Demica Ltd
Crowne House,
56-58 Southwark Street
London
SE1 1UN

Direct:      +44 (0) 20 7450 2539
Switchboard: +44 (0) 20 7450 2500
Fax:         +44 (0) 20 7407 5825
Web:         http://www.jmhdemica.com

This document should only be read by those persons to whom it is
addressed and is not intended to be relied upon by any person
without subsequent written confirmation of its contents. JMH
Demica accepts no liability for the consequences for any person
acting, or refraining from acting, on such information prior to
the receipt by those persons of subsequent written confirmation
(by letter or fax). If you have received this email message in
error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone. Please
also delete the message from your computer. Any form of
reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this email message is
prohibited. The contents of this email message do not
necessarily reflect the opinions of JMH Demica. Citadel is the
registered trademark of JMH Demica. Copyright JMH Demica all
rights reserved.