ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject RE: Updating default.properties in ant.jar for taskdefs
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 07:21:30 GMT
Why not
   <taskdef file=""/>  ???

or with Ant 1.6 and namespaces

   <project xmlns:my="antlib:com.mycompany.tools.ant">
       <my:custom1/>

So you havenĀ“t to worry about to ensure that a modified Ant version is on
the machine.

I personally would reject modifying a tools only for lazyness :-)
But if you want that, then:
- extract the default.properties from the ant.jar (<unjar>)
- add your lines to that (<concat>, <echo append>)
- update the jar (<jar><zipfileset prefix>)

Maybe you will have problems with updating the jar using Ant because
Ant uses that jar for itself :-)

Jan