ant-user mailing list archives

From "Anderson, Kajsa" <>
Subject RE: Move only modified files
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2003 16:44:22 GMT
Take a look at the <depend> selector in the manual (under Concepts & Types)
- I think you should be able to use this to create a fileset that can be
<copy>ed to your staging directory.

Kajsa Anderson

-----Original Message-----
From:  []
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2003 10:11 AM
Subject: Move only modified files

This seems like a basic question, but I haven't been able to find it in
the user list search...

When we do a build, we want to only include files that have changed when
compared to a target.  The reason for doing this is keeping the size of
the buildfile manageable, reduce time when doing a deployment in a
production environment, and reduce the number of times we have reboot our
app server.

An example:
ANT compares the source files versus target files, and the changed files
are copied to a staging directory.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message