ant-user mailing list archives

From Wascally Wabbit <wascallywab...@earthling.net>
Subject Re: How to integrate code using log4j
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2003 15:55:46 GMT
At 09:47 AM 12/11/2003, you wrote:
> >> Has anyone figured out how to get log4j to work nicely with Ant?
> >> (Note: log4j with Ant, not Ant with log4j...)
>
> > it's a log4j FAQ
> > you need to configure it
>
>I tried running ant like this:
>
>   ant -Dlog4j.configuration=log4j.properties
>
>But to no avail...
>
>I can of course configure log4j programmatically within the code of a
>task, but of course that is only a solution for my own tasks.
>
>--
>Eric Jain

Put your log4j configuration file(s) into your Ant runtime's
classpath. All should be well. This works for all log4j-dependent
applications. For example I include "~/devwork/conf" (where
I keep my configuration files) in most of my classpaths for
log4j-using applications; they all find the configuration
files fine (including Ant 1.4.x, 1.5.x, and 1.6.x).

The Wabbit