ant-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Blaukopf <>
Subject Re: recursive 'available' task
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2003 11:15:31 GMT
Hi Euan, you could try the following:

        <pathconvert property="dirContainsFiles" setonempty="false"
targetos="unix"> <!--it doesn't matter what targetos is-->
                <fileset dir="${dir}"/>

The trouble is, it can take a long time because if there ARE any files
in ${dir} then it will return all of them. Maybe someone on the list has
a way of making this more efficient.

Euan Guttridge wrote:

>I am looking for a method to test for the existence of 'any' file under a
>directory structure. I will not know where or what this file will be in the
>structure so I will need to use wildcards. Searching the archives I saw an
>email saying that the 'available' task cannot use wildcards, but there is
>demand for this feature. Any updates on this, or any alternative solution?
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: