ant-user mailing list archives

From Markku Saarela <markku.saar...@entra.fi>
Subject Re: ExceptionInIntializerError using jdk1.5alpha
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2003 13:14:37 GMT
After further digging the reason is bug in jdk1.5 Properties class
load(inputSteam) method
It's not regonize end of  file as a line termination anymore as it should.
So adding additional linefeed to end this Encodings.properties file
resolve problem before jdk has bug fix.

Markku

Markku Saarela wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It seems to me that problem is in Xalan 2.5.2 class
> org.apache.xml.serializer.Encodings.
> There  in method:  private static EncodingInfo[] loadEncodingInfo()
> how it reads properties from file Encodings.properties is not working
> with jdk1.5.0 anymore.
>
> In this Encodings.properties file's last line is:  # can be found at
> http://www.iana.org/assignments/character-sets
>
> Quote from code:
>                // Seems to be no real need to force failure here, let the
>                // system do its best... The issue is not really very
> critical,
>                // and the output will be in any case _correct_ though
> maybe not
>                // always human-friendly... :)
>                // But maybe report/log the resource problem?
>                // Any standard ways to report/log errors (in static
> context)?
>
> So workaround add JAVA_HOME\jre\lib\endorsed directory and add there
> latest xalan.jar and delete this Encodings.properties file from the
> xalan.jar then it works.
>
> Rgds Markku
>
> James Black wrote:

Markku Saarela
Senior Software Engineer (OO Technology, Java, J2EE, Smalltalk)
Entra e-Solutions Oy
mobile: +358-9-590 6505
markku.saarela@entra.fi
www.entra.fi