ant-user mailing list archives

From Markku Saarela <markku.saar...@dnafinland.fi>
Subject Re: ExceptionInIntializerError using jdk1.5alpha
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2003 11:26:40 GMT
Hi,

It seems to me that problem is in Xalan 2.5.2 class
org.apache.xml.serializer.Encodings.
There  in method:  private static EncodingInfo[] loadEncodingInfo()
how it reads properties from file Encodings.properties is not working
with jdk1.5.0 anymore.

In this Encodings.properties file's last line is:  # can be found at
http://www.iana.org/assignments/character-sets

Quote from code:
                // Seems to be no real need to force failure here, let the
                // system do its best... The issue is not really very
critical,
                // and the output will be in any case _correct_ though
maybe not
                // always human-friendly... :)
                // But maybe report/log the resource problem?
                // Any standard ways to report/log errors (in static
context)?

So workaround add JAVA_HOME\jre\lib\endorsed directory and add there
latest xalan.jar and delete this Encodings.properties file from the
xalan.jar then it works.

Rgds Markku