ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Lévy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject Re: help with ftp task
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2003 00:18:28 GMT
Jacob Kjome wrote:

> At 01:48 PM 12/20/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>
>> Hi Jakob,
>> you cannot specify how you are going to name a file that you are
>> downloading with the "ftp" task.
>> you might want to have a look at the "common-vfs" sandbox project of
>> Jakarta.
>

> Awesome.  Thanks Antoine!  I didn't know that existed.  I tested vfs
> <v-copy> and it downloaded from http and ftp with the same syntax.
> Exactly what I was looking for!!!
>
> Jake

Hi Jake,

if you want to contribute more, it might be interesting to learn about
this common-vfs project. I am wondering whether it could be used as the
foundation of a more powerful ant,
able to copy seamlessly from a CVS repository to entries in a jar file,
or from a ftp remote directory to entries on a JNDI server, ....

Just a thought at the moment, because I really know almost nothing about
common-vfs.

Cheers,

Antoine