ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: copy task not copying
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 18:38:30 GMT
Ah, that helped tremendously. Yes, it turns out that because our default
install is setup to be

${deploy.home} = ${src.home}

the fact that copying was actually not happening properly wasn't
visible, its only when I pushed my src.home to something different than
deploy.home that I was encountering the issue with my misconfigured copy
task. And now I see why, because my fileset was empty without the
<include name="**"/> statement added.

thanks Antoine and everyone,
Mark

Antoine Lévy-Lambert wrote:

> Add an <include name="**"/> in your fileset.
> Also define your fileset outside of the copy task and <pathconvert/> it,
> so that you can display how ant sees it.
> Cheers,
> Antoine
>
> Mark R. Diggory wrote:
>
>> This is also not working, sorry I should have said it earlier. My code
>> does include overwrite="ture" even through my example doesn't
>>
>> Are there any cases of past issues with copy and not copying
>> subdirectories if the top parent directory's lastModified date hadn't
>> changed?
>>
>> thanks again,
>> Mark
>>
>> Antoine Lévy-Lambert wrote:
>>
>>> copy by default will check the timestamps of files. Use the attribute
>>> overwrite="true" to force copying even if destination files are younger.
>>> Cheers,