ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Lévy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject Re: multiple selection of classpath??
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2003 18:22:35 GMT
barry@goodconsultants.com wrote:

>All,
>
>1. How can I select multiple classpath? I would like to be able NOT to define
>CATALINA_HOME for tomcat if not compiling things for tomcat, and just use
>J2EE...

the normal ant way is then to define one different init target for each
variant of your build or deployment.

<target name="init.tomcat" if="on.tomcat">
   some action here
</target>
<target name="init.j2ee" depends="on.j2ee">
   some action here
</target>
<target name="build" depends="init.tomcat,init.j2ee">
  some action here
</target>

then if you do :

ant -D"on.tomcat=true" build

you are going to execute the init.tomcat and build targets. The
init.j2ee target will then not be executed, because on.j2ee is not defined.

ant -D"on.j2ee=true" build

will make you execute init.j2ee and build

>2. Can I define the followings in properties file?
>
><path id="compile.classpath">
>
>        <pathelement location="${catalina.home}/common/classes"/>
>        <fileset dir="${catalina.home}/common/endorsed">
>                <include name="*.jar"/>
>        </fileset>
>        <fileset dir="${catalina.home}/common/lib">
>                <include name="*.jar"/>
>        </fileset>
>
>        <pathelement location="${catalina.home}/shared/classes"/>
>        <fileset dir="${catalina.home}/shared/lib">
>                <include name="*.jar"/>
>        </fileset>
>
>        </path>
>

>Thanks
>
>Barry

the build file snippet above is too complicated for a property file. In
ant 1.6, you can save this snippet as a separate xml file and use the
<import/> task to use this in several other build files.

Hopes this helps,

Antoine

Antoine