ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Lévy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject Re: I am having a problem doing an ftp task
Date Sat, 13 Dec 2003 11:29:05 GMT
Bill Chmura wrote:

>Hi all,
>

>I have the same build file that does an ftp task... It used to work, but now
>under gentoo it does not.
>
>The vitals:
>
>Gentoo
>Running blackdown-jdk-1.4.1
>Apache Ant version 1.5.4
>I also have the NetComponents.jar installed.
>
>I get :
>file:/home/wbchmura/bin/siteframer2-dist/bin/build_system_file.xml:176: Could
>not create task or type of type: ftp.  Ant could not find the task or a class
>this task relies upon.

Hi Bill,

>Any suggestions?

try this :

$ jar tvf $ANT_HOME/lib/optional.jar | grep -i ftp
  3264 Tue Aug 12 14:07:50     2003
org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/net/FTP$FTPDirectoryScanner.class
  1309 Tue Aug 12 14:07:50     2003
org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/net/FTP$Action.class
 15759 Tue Aug 12 14:07:50     2003
org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/net/FTP.class

If you do not get the output listed above, then your optional.jar is
missing the ftp support class and your ant installation cannot support
the ftp task.

>I had all this working under redhat and windows, but I just moved to gentoo
>and I cannot get this to work anymore.

I do not know what gentoo is. Is this a particular sort of UNIX ?

>For good measure I also:
>Put a copy of the NetComponents.jar in the jre/lib/ext directory
>Added both the NetComponents and Optional jars to the classpath

You do not need to have anything in the CLASSPATH before starting ant,
nor NetComponents.jar under jre/lib/ext. :-(

You can also try ant1.6beta3 with commons-net.jar. :-)

Cheers,

Antoine