ant-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Will Lopez <william.lo...@eds.com>
Subject Re: AW: XSLT with entities and therefore DOCTYPE
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 19:44:27 GMT
Mike:

...one more thing...I wouldn't recommend using the RTF route unless you 
had some transforming to do with those nodes held in the variable...if 
so it would save you (the processor :-) from having to traverse the tree 
again. Those types of XSLT questions are better suited on the 
mulberrytech list where the gurus can advise you...I'm no guru :-)

Later

Mike Castle wrote:

>In article <3FD4F00B.3000902@eds.com>, Will Lopez  <user@ant.apache.org> wrote:
>  
>
>>A very good XSL list is xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com.
>>    
>>
>
>Unfortunately, when I checked the archives (prior to posting here), I was
>unable to find anything directly addressing my real issue (which is the
>parser yelling at me for no reason).
>
>  
>
>>I don't understand what you're trying to accomplish...can you supply the 
>>result you expect (and the input)...real code...this example only has a 
>>template to match the root node and it will depend on the built in 
>>templates to process the remaining nodes...also, you may just need a 
>>variable.
>>    
>>
>
>Ok.  Here.
>
>mcastle@dl-mcastle[04:46pm]~/test(1812) cat build.xml
><project name="test" default="xslttest" basedir=".">
>
><target name="xslttest">
>   <echo message="before test"/>
>   <xslt in="build.xml" out="results.txt" style="demo.xsl"/>
>   <echo message="after test"/>
></target>
>
></project>
>
>mcastle@dl-mcastle[04:46pm]~/test(1813) cat demo.xsl
><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
><xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
>xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
>  <xsl:template match="/">
>    <xsl:number value="count(/project/target[echo])"/>,
>    <xsl:number value="count(/project/target/echo)"/>.
>  </xsl:template>
></xsl:stylesheet>
>
>mcastle@dl-mcastle[04:48pm]~/test(1821) cat results.txt 
><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>1,
>    2.
>
>
>
>  
>
>>Your'e stylesheet declaration is incorrect...see below...
>>
>>Try changing your code from this:
>>
>><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>><!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [
>><!ENTITY foo "test">
>>..
>>    
>>
>
>Huh?  That very well IS correct!
>
>mcastle@dl-mcastle[04:51pm]~/test(1825) cat demo.xsl
><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
><!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [
><!ENTITY foo "[echo]">
>]>
>
><xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
>xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
>  <xsl:template match="/">
>    <xsl:number value="count(/project/target&foo;)"/>,
>    <xsl:number value="count(/project/target/echo)"/>.
>  </xsl:template>
></xsl:stylesheet>
>mcastle@dl-mcastle[04:51pm]~/test(1826) cat results.txt 
><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>1,
>    2.
>
>
>  
>
>>..to this  **NOT TESTED**  -it's been a while since I used XSLT but 
>>there are tons of resources on the web...
>>http://www.w3schools.com/xsl/default.asp
>>http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt - W3C spec
>>http://www.zvon.org/HTMLonly/XSLTutorial/Books/Book1/index.html - check 
>>this site out
>>
>><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>><xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
>>xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
>><!ENTITY foo "test">
>>    
>>
>
>that is broken XML, however:
>
>mcastle@dl-mcastle[04:52pm]~/test(1828) cat demo.xsl 
><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
><xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
>xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
><!ENTITY foo "[echo]">
>  <xsl:template match="/">
>    <xsl:number value="count(/project/target&foo;)"/>,
>    <xsl:number value="count(/project/target/echo)"/>.
>  </xsl:template>
></xsl:stylesheet>
>
>mcastle@dl-mcastle[05:32pm]~/test(1829) ant
>Buildfile: build.xml
>
>xslttest:
>     [echo] before test
>     [xslt] Processing /homedir/mcastle/test/build.xml to /homedir/mcastle/test/results.txt
>     [xslt] Loading stylesheet /homedir/mcastle/test/demo.xsl
>     [xslt] [Fatal Error] demo.xsl:3:3: The content of elements must consist of well-formed
character data or markup.
>     [xslt] : Fatal Error! org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of elements must
consist of well-formed character data or markup. Cause: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The
content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.
>     [xslt] Failed to process /homedir/mcastle/test/build.xml
>
>BUILD FAILED
>file:/homedir/mcastle/test/build.xml:5: Fatal error during transformation
>
>mrc
>
>
>  
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org


Mime
View raw message