ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Reilly <peter.rei...@corvil.com>
Subject Re: Problem on OS/400
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2003 10:34:38 GMT
Chris Wood wrote:

>On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 17:27, Peter Reilly wrote:
>

>>java.util.Iterator is part of the std java classes since 1.2. You should
>>not be able
>>to get this message unless you are using a 1.1 jvm.
>>
>>Ant 1.6 needs a 1.2 jvm, ant 1.5 and before is happy with a 1.1 jvm.
>>Peter
>>

>Yup, I understand this. The machine has 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 on it, from the
>packages supplied by IBM.
>I had explicitly set the JAVA_HOME variable to the 1.3 version before
>running the script.

This may not be enough. If you look at the ant script
($ANT_HOME/bin/ant) that checks
where java is, it will default to the java on the path, if it cannot
find a java exe in the JAVA_HOME
directory structure. There is custom code for different platforms there
- but none for
OS/400.

What is the java on the path? (java -version should be sufficient).

Peter