ant-user mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: XSLT with entities and therefore DOCTYPE
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2003 21:12:07 GMT
Mike Castle wrote:
> So, is there anyway I can get ant to convince XSLT not to validate the
> stylesheet, even though it has a DOCTYPE (I really don't want to have to
> write a DTD for this thing)?

The noise comes from the parser, not from the XSLT processor. Actually
it's not really validating, otherwise you'd get a fatal error abort.

> Or would anyone know how to hammer xsl:variables into doing what I want?

I'm not quite sure what you want to achieve. It seems you are after
a sort of dynamic XPath (usual question: are you sure you know what
you are doing?). This would require an extension function:
     <xsl:variable name="foo">[test]</xsl:variable>
     <xsl:variable name="bar" select="
       xalan:evaluate(concat'/project/target',$foo))"/>
     <xsl:value-of select="$bar"/>
In many cases there are simpler ways to do this. Please post a
description of your *original* problem on the XSL lits (see below).

> Outside of that, where do I go to ask for help (specifically, what would
> YOU recommend)?  My searches really haven't turned up too much useful
> information, but I'm new enough to this that I am probably missing useful
> terms that would help.

The XSL list is good for all about XSL (both XSLT and XSLFO)
  http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/

For questions about how Xalan handles certain stuff, in particular
extensions, check the Xalan docs and the Xalan user list.
For the concrete problem at hand it's Xerces who is responsible.
There are probably some options to shut it up. On how to apply
this options... you are back to ant.

J.Pietschmann