ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: help with cruise control
Date Fri, 26 Dec 2003 09:09:11 GMT
On Dec 25, 2003, at 11:22 PM, kaladharan dharan wrote:
> Hi all, I would like to know what is cruise control
> about ? What does it offer ?

You should find most of your answers here:
<http://cruisecontrol.sourceforge.net/>

>  Why would you have it ?

Because building your project from the repository is important, and
getting rapid feedback really helps by letting developers know right
away they "broke the build" by forgetting to check in a file, or making
an incompatible change that may work on their machine but not when all
the code is "integrated".

> Is it ant based ? Can someone share the snippets of
> it, with me ? thanks.

It runs Ant build files, yes.  But is flexible enough to run other
things if you choose.

Let me also refer you to a CruiseControl competitor that is quite nice,
Anthill: <http://www.urbancode.com/projects/anthill/default.jsp>
I've found Anthill to be much easier to install and configure.

	Erik