ant-user mailing list archives

From Amy Cheung <amy_cheung...@yahoo.com>
Subject questions about classpath and FileSet
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2003 22:15:52 GMT
Hi, can someone please explain these to me?

1. two jars of the same name, one is on the system
CLASSPATH and one in Javac's classpath attribute. When
javac is run, which is used? My experiment shows that
they both could be searched when classes are not found
in either of them. If they are both searched, which
get searched first?

2. can fileset's dir attribute takes a pattern instead
of a specific directory?
our project has this file structure:
top/componentA/X/src/a/b/c/some_java_files
top/componentB/Y/src/a/b/c/some_java_files
top/componentC/Z/src/a/b/c/some_java_files

I want to copy all java files to a tmp directory and
make it look like: tmp/a/b/c/all_java_fles
But this didn't work:
<copy todir="tmp">
  <fileset dir="top/**/src">
</copy>

Is there a way to accomplish the task without
explicitly copying each individual src directories?

Thanks in advance for your response.
Amy