ant-user mailing list archives

From <res09...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: A new twist on "Problem with the replaceregexp task!!!"
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Thanks!!!

That seems to have taken care of it.

-J
I struggled with something similar yesterday, ie. trying to get CR/LF into
the replace pattern. Using XML entities to represent the \r\n did the trick
for me. Try: replace="&#xD;&#xA;"

Manuel
----- Original Message -----
From: <res09fo9@verizon.net>
To: <user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2003 12:55 AM
Subject: RE: A new twist on "Problem with the replaceregexp task!!!"

I'm attempting to reverse this process and replace a character with a new
line.

<replaceregexp file="./testfile.txt" match=";" replace="\r\n" flags="g" />

Does not give me the desired result. Instead, I get the literal characters,
"r"
and "n" as replacements for the ";".

Is there a replacement pattern to do this, with replaceregexp? Or is there
another way to accomplish this within an ANT script?

Thanks in advance!

-Jay