ant-user mailing list archives

From Bill Chmura <>
Subject I am having a problem doing an ftp task
Date Sat, 13 Dec 2003 07:21:15 GMT
Hi all,

I had all this working under redhat and windows, but I just moved to gentoo
and I cannot get this to work anymore.

I have the same build file that does an ftp task... It used to work, but now
under gentoo it does not.

The vitals:

Running blackdown-jdk-1.4.1
Apache Ant version 1.5.4
I also have the NetComponents.jar installed.

I get :
file:/home/wbchmura/bin/siteframer2-dist/bin/build_system_file.xml:176: Could
not create task or type of type: ftp.  Ant could not find the task or a class
this task relies upon.

I know the build file is right, it has not been changed.

I have made sure my ANT_HOME is set,
I have made sure that optional.jar is in the ant lib directory
I have made sure that NetComponents.jar is in the ant lib directory
For good measure I also:
Put a copy of the NetComponents.jar in the jre/lib/ext directory
Added both the NetComponents and Optional jars to the classpath

I've made sure that when ANT is actually called by the ant script it has the
right classpath.

Any suggestions?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: