ant-user mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Can't start ANT 1.5 on WinNT
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 05:00:41 GMT
On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 12:49 am, Eric.dl.De_Loof@alcatel.fr wrote:
> Hello all !
>
> I installed SUN Web Services Developper Pack 1.3 which includes apache-ant
> 1.5. OS : Win NT or XP Pro
>
> When i launch ant (c:\ant), i get following message :
>
> Exception in thread "main" in Java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError : Files
> J2sdk1/4/1_05\lib\tools/jar;c:\Program
>
> Any suggestion ?

Install a proper Ant version from Apache. I believe Sun may have modified the
ant scripts - not sure. The standard Ant install should handle spaces etc.

BTW, do not put quotes in environment variables. It isn't required to specify
a value with spaces and will break the scripts which quote the environment
variables at the point of use.

Conor