ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dirk Schnelle" <d...@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject How to determine if files in a fileset are up to date?
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 10:33:23 GMT
Hi,

I have a java preprocesser and want to check if has already done it's work.

The preprocessor source files are stored in my source code folder. The result is written to
another directory which serves as an input for the java compiler.

I tested uptodate with
    <uptodate property="preprocessNotRequired">
      <srcfiles dir= "${src}" includes="**/*.oj"/>
      <mapper type="glob" from="${src}*.oj" to="${build}*.java"/>
    </uptodate>

It works if up2date can find the destination files, but sets preprocessNotRequired to true
if the files aren't present (after a call to clean).
The preprocessor source files are located in several directories.

How can I tell uptodate that a file is not up to date if it is not present?

A better approach for me would be to determine a fileset containing only all the files that
are not up to date. How can I manage this.

I am using ant 1.5.4.

/Dirk