ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ciramella, EJ" <ECirame...@emptoris.com>
Subject RE: WAS V5 WjEjbDeploy
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 18:21:37 GMT
Try running it with java home set to the IBM java dir.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hubert Rabago [mailto:jakartauser@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 1:20 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: WAS V5 WjEjbDeploy

Has anyone succeeded in making WsEjbDeploy generate deployment code for
EJBs?
The error I get is
"[wsejbdeploy] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com/ibm/etools/ejbdeploy/EJBDeploy"

Are there add'l settings I need?  I'm running these tasks off the WAS
installation that comes with WSAD.
Here's my task:
        <wsejbdeploy inputJar="${app.destdir.ejbjar}/${ejb.current.jar}"
            workingDirectory="${app.destdir.base}/temp"

wasHome="E:/Progra~1/IBM/WebSph~1/Applic~1/v5.1/runtimes/base_v5"
            classpath="${app.destdir.classes}:${compile.classpath}"
            outputJar="${app.destdir.ejbjar}/output-${ejb.current.jar}"
            codegen="false"
            keepGenerated="true"
            quiet="false"
            noValidate="false"
            noWarnings="false"
            noInform="false"
            failonerror="true"
            trace="true"/>

I have, among others, the ff in the classpath I use in my ant tasks:
batch.jar, codegen.jar, deployutils.jar, ejbdeploy.jar, ejbincrement.jar,
ejbvalidator.jar, exec.jar, rmic.jar, wsanttasks.jar, j2ee.jar,
EJBCommandTarget.jar, ejbcontainer.jar, ejbportable.jar, ras.jar,
runtime.jar
(As you can see, I've become VERY desperate).

I've been unable to get help from the WAS site nor from whoever answers
their
website-submitted questions.  On google, the most I got (aside from its
javadoc)
is a doc saying WsEjbDeploy's classpath doesn't work and is therefore
worthless
(http://www.admc.com/blaine/howtos/ws50/Command-line.html), which matches
with my
experience.

Everyone else in the company prepares their EJBs thru WSAD, and then deploys
thru
Ant.  I want to have Ant do everything (which is what I used to do before we
switched).

Thanks!