ant-user mailing list archives

From Evgeny Goldin <gen...@netvision.net.il>
Subject Re: "If Ant fails, it will return a non-zero exit code" - doesn't hold any more ?
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:31:08 GMT

SB> err, well, yes - but you've also removed all hooks that clean up your
SB> environment.

Sure, removing the clean-up code does have it's side effects but let it be if it
returns me the correct exit code now.

SB> The real problem - AFAIU and I know virtually nothing about Windows
SB> batch programming - is that you can't store the exit code of Java and
SB> exit the batch file with that code at a later stage (at least not in a
SB> way that works on Win9x).

That would be the cleanest solution and I wouldn't mind using it. I bet ant.bat
developers wouldn't mind either :) Can anybody suggest how to do that (Windows
2000 if that matters) or it's a 100% dead end ?