ant-user mailing list archives

From "Brian O'Halloran" <bohallo...@reference-info.com>
Subject ant MSG_ERR does not appear to be generated
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2003 20:08:57 GMT

I recently converted to ant 1.6.0 from 1.5.4.

Part of our build process writes build PASS/FAIL to a postgresql db.

I have implemented an ant listener that looks at logged messages and
determines if any errors occur during the build;

    public void messageLogged(BuildEvent event) {

        // check all messages for build errors
        if(event.getPriority() == Project.MSG_ERR)
            buildStatus = "F";

    }

When I invoke ant with -listener and there are javac compile errors, I
find that event.getPriority() never sees any MSG_ERR type messages.

I'm mostly seeing MSG_VERBOSE and MSG_DEBUG with a much smaller number
of MSG_WARN and MSG_INFO, but never any MSG_ERR.

With ant 1.5.4 MSG_ERR would always be generated with a javac compile
error.

Anyone else seeing this behaviour with 1.6.0?  Should I be looking for
errors by some other mechanism?

Brian O'Halloran