ant-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject help with ftp task
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2003 23:05:41 GMT
I'm wondering how I can get the equivalent of the following using the <ftp> (or
some other ftp compatible) task....

<get src="@{srcfile}" dest="${dependenciesdir}/file.zip" />
<unzip src="${dependenciesdir}/file.zip" dest="${dependenciesdir}"/>
<delete file="${dependenciesdir}/file.zip"/>

Basically, the problem is that I don't see how I can specify the dest file like
the <get> task allows.  I need to be able to specify it as a generic name to a
specific location so that I can unzip it and then delete that file.  Is the ftp
task going to be able to do this for me?  I can't see how it can based on what
I've read in the docs.  Is there some other task out there that can perform
what I require?

It would also be nice if I could simply provide a fully qualified URL to the
file rather than have to split it up between server and then file such as....

<ftp action="get" userid="annonymous" password="me@myorg.com" src="@{srcfile}"
dest="${dependenciesdir}/file.zip" />

This would make it so getting single files would be syntactically equivalent to
the <get> task.  The <ftp> task ought to be able to break apart the URL into
its appropriate parts without me having to manually split it.

Thoughts?

Jake