ant-user mailing list archives

From Jing Xue <...@manifoldronin.com>
Subject Re: 'compiler' and 'fork' ignores each other
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2003 17:36:44 GMT
Quoting Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org>:

> On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, J. Xue <ant@manifoldronin.com> wrote:
> > That's the point, I do *not* have any compiler setting in the
> > script.  It seems to be checking some default value of the
> > 'compiler' attribute.
>
> The defaults are either modern or classic, depending on your VM.

Right, but that's exactly the point I'm trying to make here (or the one I'm
missing)  8-) If I do *not* specify a 'compiler' attribute, while I do have
a 'fork' attribute, 'fork' obviously should take precedence.  However in my
example, 'fork' is ignored because of some default value of the 'compiler'
attribute I have never specified.

> Oops, build.compiler was what I meant.

I don't have that explicitly specified either.

--J.X.