ant-user mailing list archives

From Chris Wood <ch...@thesprocket.org>
Subject Re: Problem on OS/400
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2003 10:58:22 GMT
On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 10:38, Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen wrote:
> Chris Wood wrote:
>
> >Yup, I understand this. The machine has 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 on it, from the
> >packages supplied by IBM.
> >I had explicitly set the JAVA_HOME variable to the 1.3 version before
> >running the script.
> >

> Are you sure that you invoke the proper version of java?  What does
> "java -version" say?

Aha!

Now this *is* interesting:
>export JAVA_HOME=/qibm/proddata/java400/jdk13
>echo $JAVA_HOME
/qibm/proddata/java400/jdk13
>echo $PATH
/usr/bin:
>/usr/bin/java -version
qsh: 001-0014 Command /usr/bin/java not found.
> java -version
java version "1.1.8"

So, despite having a path set in qsh, it appears that it isn't used, and
it's actually some OS/400 magic that determines what binaries can be
seen.

And the icing on the cake:
> /qibm/proddata/java400/jdk13/bin/java -version
java version "1.1.8"
> /qibm/proddata/java400/jdk12/bin/java -version
java version "1.1.8"

Hum. Very strange. But is it an install problem with the jdks or
something very odd about the way OS/400 and/or qsh works?
Ok, I'm going to do a bit more research. We have another machine with
1.3 on it - I'll see what it says.

Thanks for the help so far guys, I'll keep you posted.

C.