ant-user mailing list archives

From Chris Wood <ch...@thesprocket.org>
Subject Re: Problem on OS/400
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2003 10:41:23 GMT
On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 07:31, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> Just to clarify this for us.  There is an rt.jar in JAVA_HOME/lib,
> yes?

Correct.
There is also no jre hierarchy within JAVA_HOME.

> Is this a single jar and does it also contain the collections classes
> (as you seem to have problems finding Iterator).

I'm not sure what you mean by single jar.
There are four jars in the JAVA_HOME/lib dir: rt.jar, i18n.jar,
tools.jar and sunrsasign.jar.

I've copied the rt.jar file to a linux machine where I can easily disect
it, and lo and behold, it does have a java/util/Iterator.class file in
it.

So if you are asking whether rt.jar has lots of class files in it, then
yes, it does, inlcuding the ones that ant says it can't find.

This is getting interesting....

C.