ant-user mailing list archives

From Chris Wood <ch...@thesprocket.org>
Subject Re: Problem on OS/400
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2003 10:34:16 GMT
On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 17:20, Jack Woehr wrote:
> Ah, now we are making progress. It does appear, don't you think, that either
> your installation is incomplete or the classpath is not properly set. Since you
> say your installation works otherwise, one guesses that one of the ANT scripts
> is setting the classpath incorrectly.

We are making progress, so you have a point! ;)

> > should have this class. Note that the IBM supplied J2sdk is a little odd
> > - it doesn't have a jre directory - the rt.jar file is in the main lib
> > directory. Manually setting the classpath to this makes zero difference.
>
> When you say "manually set" do you mean "by modifying the ANT build script(s)"
> or "setting prior to the scripts' execution"? It should be the former ... see how the
ANT
> scripts work and modify them accordingly.

To clarify, I did an 'export CLASSPATH=<path>:<path>' with the relevant
paths to jar files in the jdk set, from the command prompt in qsh.
It made absolutely no difference to the output I got when I ran the
build script.

> If I have time I will log into a friend's OS/400 box and try myself to build ANT. I'm
a bit
> busy but will try to make the time, I'm getting interested.

Excelent! I appreciate the help...
Are you an OS/400 man? I suffer somewhat from not having much OS/400
experience...

Cheers,

C.