ant-user mailing list archives

From Jing Xue <>
Subject Re: AW: Ant and Norton Antivirus 2004 on XP
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2003 23:08:13 GMT

> Thanks, Antoine.  I'n running ant 1.5.4 on XP with Service Pack 1.   I
> sent an email to Symantec, but they have no user fourm that I can find, so
> I guess I have to wait til they wish to get back to me.   I'm a not a very
> happy camper at the moment, but I have no hard evidence to point an
> accusatory finger at.  I might take some time and put a dev build of ant
> on and see if I can narrow down where the pause occurs.  It must be very
> early in the ant startup, however.

I run Ant 1.5.4, XP SP1, JDK 1.4.1 with NAV 2003 Corporate Edition.  On another
machine I run Ant 1.6 Beta 3, XP SP1, JDK 1.4.1 with some other NAV programs
(namely Avast 4.1 and Pest Patrol).  I have never had anything similar to your
experience on either machine.

Can you stably reproduce the problem, e.g., a clean reboot, turning on Auto
Protection, Ant hangs, turning off Auto Protection, Ant works again?

BTW, from my personal experience, I suspect you'll get anything material from
Symantec, ever.  8-)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message